Uncover the secrets of the spice island on this 14-day luxurious small group journey.
Go deeper into Sri Lanka with Abercrombie & Kent
Boasting eight UNESCO World Heritage sites, lush tea plantations, mist-covered mountains, secluded beaches, safari-style wildlife and ruins that will leave you marvelling — Sri Lanka is simply breathtaking.
Discover the secrets of the spice island with academic experts in an intimate group averaging just 10 guests. A&K’s Limited Edition Small Group Journeys are expert-led adventures designed to take you to the heart of some of the planet’s most fascinating destinations.
Highlights of Sri Lanka: Secrets of the Spice Island
- Meander through Galle Fort with an archaeologist
- Sit down to dinner with Oxford-educated Sri Lankan architect, historian and critic, Dr Shanti Jayewardene
- Admire Kandy Botanical Gardens with acclaimed botanist Bandara Palipana
- From Kandy to the lost cities of Anuradhapura and Polonnaruwa, take in the country’s most fascinating UNESCO archaeology sites
- Journey to the Central Highlands on one of the most beautiful train trips in the world
- Seek out elephants and endemic wildlife on safari in Minneriya
- Join pilgrims for prayer at the Sacred Temple of the Tooth.
This island jewel will enchant you with its serene and gentle people, fragrant cuisine and deep Buddhist soul.
This is a limited edition journey and may not run next year, so get in early to secure your place.
Departures: 10 March, 1 September, 7 October & 8 November 2024.
This article was produced with content supplied by Abercrombie & Kent and is a Signature Luxury Travel & Style digital exclusive. Be the first to see more exclusive online content by subscribing to the enewsletter.