Taj Exotica Resort & Spa
Escape to the pristine beaches and crystal-clear waters at Taj Exotica Maldives. Exclusive and romantic, this private island resort has stunning views of the Indian Ocean, and is the ideal place to live your dream tropical retreat…
Getaway from the frenetic pace and chaos of everyday life and into luxury’s very own lap at Taj Exotica Maldives. Away from the sparkling lights of Malé, this hotel sprawls across the Emboodhu Finolhu Island in the middle of one of the largest natural lagoons in the Maldives. Surrounded by the azure waters of the Indian Ocean, this luxurious eco-friendly hotel is your postcard perfect getaway.
Renowned for the area's rich flora and fauna, this idyllic property is situated amidst the coral reefs.
Fifteen minutes away from the airport, the resort is accessible via the 24 hour speedboat facility.
This tropical isle, also known as the Three Coconut Isle is an ideal location to indulge in adventure sports or relax.
Set over a lagoon, the hotel offers 64 villas and suites that are lavish and maintain a fine balance with nature. Make your stay memorable in our grand luxury rooms and suites, all with spectacular sea views, or in our one-of-a-kind Grand Presidential Suite.
- One of the largest natural pristine lagoons in the Maldives and closest luxury resort from Malé International Airport
- Remarkable culinary experience, with a vast array of hand-picked progressive menu items from all over the world
- Authentic Jiva Grande Spa, based on Indian holistic massage therapies
- Choice of bespoke dining experiences, water sports and other recreation options making for a complete and exclusive destination holiday
- Imimpeccable and seamless Taj service and hospitality with personalized butler service for ultimate spoiling
Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives is located on the exotic Emboodhu Finolhu Island, in the middle of one of the largest natural lagoons in the world. This tropical isle, also known as the 'Three Coconut Isle', ornamented with pale white sand and crystal blue waters is lush with tropical flora. The resort is only 15 minutes by luxury speedboat, available 24 hours, from Malé International Airport.
The multi award-winning resort seamlessly extends the magic of the island's blessed natural beauty in its design even as it offers the finest in contemporary amenities and services. Luxuriously appointed villas and suites, private plunge pools and personal sundecks with endless views of the Indian Ocean make this the perfect setting for a private retreat.
- Suites and villas
- Pillow and linen menu
- Private butler service
- 24-hour room service
- Welcome gift or cocktail
20 Lagoon Villas
Offering private sun decks with loungers, easy chairs and direct access to the lagoon. Each villa features a double vanity bathroom, rain showers and bathtubs with panoramic views of the Indian Ocean.
31 Deluxe Lagoon Villas with Pool
Located at the far end of the island, these villas feature a private deck with a freshwater plunge pool, double vanity bathroom, rain showers and bathtubs with infinite vistas of the Indian Ocean.
3 Premium Villas with Pool
With an exclusive private outdoor area, these newly built villas come with a master bed and bath combination, extravagant round bathtubs, a private beach area, oversized plunge pool, a verandah with sun beds, a tropical outdoor shower in a private walled garden and an infinite view of the lagoon.
4 Deluxe Beach Villas with Pool
With an exclusive private outdoor area, these villas are set on the beach and enjoy direct access to the lagoon just a few meters away. Each of the luxuriously styled villas offer an oversized plunge pool, a private veranda with sun beds and a tropical outdoor shower in a secluded walled garden.
2 One Bedroom Ocean Suites with Pool
This tastefully appointed suite has a living room with pantry, a bedroom with attached glass-walled bathroom, a large freshwater pool with a suspended sundeck filled with powder soft sand and an intimate ‘sala’ for private dining.
3 One and Two Bedroom Beach Villa Suites with Pool
These One Bedroom Single and Two Bedroom Duplex Beach Villa Suites are just five meters from the ocean. Set on the beach, each has a spacious living room, a private courtyard, an oversized plunge pool, a veranda with sun beds, a sunset balcony and a tropical outdoor shower in a walled garden. In the Two Bedroom Beach Villa, the first floor master bedroom has an oversized bathroom and a balcony to enjoy the spectacular sunsets, whilst guests can enjoy Jiva Grande Spa treatments in complete privacy in their own spa treatment room.
1 Rehendi Presidential Suite
This award winning suite boasts an oversized living room, master bedroom with ‘his and hers’ bathrooms, guest bedroom, a 12 metre freshwater pool, two ‘salas’ for relaxing and dining and a beautiful suspended deck filled with powder soft sand with a hammock over the turquoise lagoon. This Suite comes with a host of personalized amenities and services.
- 2016 Best of Award of Excellence for The Deep End restaurant by the Wine Spectator
- 2016 Earth Check Gold Certification in (5 consecutive years)
- 2016 TripAdvisor in Travellers’ Choice Award, Top Hotels for Service – Ranked #2 in Maldives and #9 in Asia
- 2016 TripAdvisor in Travellers’ Choice Award, Top Luxury Hotels – Ranked #3 in Maldives and #11 in Asia
- 2015 Runner-up “Favourite Overseas Leisure Hotel” in Conde Nast India Readers’ Travel Awards
- 2015 Award of Excellence for The Deep End Specialty restaurant by the Wine Spectator
- 2015 Condé Nast Johansens Best for Couples
- 2014 Leading Food & Beverage Resort and Most Romantic Resort by MATATO in Maldives Travel Awards
- 2014 Favourite Overseas Spa Hotel for Jiva Grande Spa by Conde Nast Traveller India in the Readers’ Travel
- 2014 Top 25 Best Leisure Hotels and Resorts by com in Best Travel Poll Award
- 2014 Two-Bedroom Beach Suite (201) was listed in ‘The Top 101 Suites of the World 2014’ by Elite Traveler
- 2014 Best Overseas Resort listed in Luxury Travel Australia Gold List
- 2013 Ranked #3 The 35 Best Island Resorts for Food in Conde Nast Traveler Readers’ Choice Award
- 2013 Best Honeymoon Hotel by Russian Eye Award
- 2013 Best Luxury Hotel in Maldives 2013 by Business Destination
- 2013 Best Hotels in the World and Top 10 Private Pools listed in Condé Nast Traveler Gold List
- 2012 voted #1 Best Resort in Asia and #2 in the World by the Condé Nast Traveler in Readers’ Choice Awards
Savour the best from the culinary world with carefully selected ingredients sourced both locally and globally to please your palate. Choose from the extensive carefully crafted menu at 24 Degrees. Experience a performance of art assembled on your plate at the theatrical Teppanyaki Japanese Kitchen. Sip leisurely on your cocktails at the Equator Bar as you take in the spectacular views of fiery Indian Ocean sunsets.
- Food and beverage awards
- Exclusive dining options
- 24-hour room service
- Allergies are catered for
- Gluten free meals
Experience the world on your plate at the Taj Exotica Maldives. The award-winning chefs at the restaurants promise to take you on a gastronomical tour-de-force. This, set against the beauty of Maldives, makes for an ethereal experience.
The all-day dining restaurant with a display kitchen offers a variety of Pan-Asian and European comfort food. The Teppanyaki with masterly crafted teppan set menus of fresh seafood, meats and vegetable, offers a unique culinary experience. The restaurant has nightly themed menus that cater to the different palettes of the world.
The Deep End
The menu features upscale Grill & Seafood dishes from prime cut rare meats to fresh, local catch, seafood varieties. All cuts of meat are grilled to your preference and accompanied by unique home-made flavoured salts for seasoning at the table. Complete your culinary journey with a symphony of ultimate sweet temptations created by the Pastry Chef right at your table – Deep End's signature dessert 'The Opera' promises to leave you speechless at first - and then with a story to tell.
The Equator Bar
Achieve the perfect balance of mood, music and vibrancy at the Equator Bar. Enjoy a variety of traditional vintages, new world wines, cocktails, cigars and shishas by the extensive beach patio.
The Pool Bar & Restaurant
Set beside the resort’s fabulous infinity pool, this eatery offers a choice of healthy snacks and coolers along with oven-fresh pizzas and exotic tropical cocktails.
24-hour In-Villa Dining
A vast selection of food and beverages is served 24 hours in the comfort and privacy of your own villa or suite.
Lounge by the pool or at your private beach, go wildlife spotting, or just lay below the stars at night. At the Taj Exotica Maldives, there is never a dull moment. Be pampered by our world-renowned butlers and enjoy sumptuous in-room dining experiences. Laze in a hammock over the blue waters, go snorkeling or just escape deep within this oasis of calm and tranquility set in paradise, at the Taj Exotica Maldives.
- Laundry and dry-cleaning service
- 24-hour multilingual concierge
- Currency exchange service
- Express check-in/check-out
- Molton Brown toiletries
- On-site photographer
- Airport transfer
- Safety deposit boxes
- Twice-daily housekeeping service
- Butler service
- Water sports
- Onsite spa
- Cooking lessons
- Renewal of vows
- Private sunset cruise
- Private bird's eye view of Maldives
- Fishing by twilight
- Snorkeling and diving
- Jet skiing, water skiing, windsurfing and parasailing
- Big game fishing and casting
- Submarine dive
- Catamaran sailing
- Sea kayaking
- Seabob and fun tube rides
- Shark and sting ray feedings
- Island exploration
- Ocean pavilion dining
- Private beach dining
- Cellar dinners
- Sand bank dining
- Tree top dining
- Champagne breakfast
- Private island dining
Jiva Grande Spa offers the best in Indian rejuvenation therapies ranging from Indian aromatherapy massages, wellness treatments, yoga and meditation. The spa experiences are offered by trained experts using exclusive natural products in a fresh and harmonious setting.
Jiva Grande Spa offers Alepa, a signature treatment that evokes the aura of the fabled and privileged lifestyle of Indian royalty. 'Alepa' - literally the act of anointing the body - is a wellness experience drawn from sacred and ceremonial time-honoured Indian bathing rituals.
- Men's treatments
- Organic products
- Fitness centre
- Steam room
Baths, scrubs and wraps
Relaxing, exfoliating and nourishing baths, scrubs and wraps are each exclusively prepared from the natural goodness of fresh fruits, vegetables, Indian herbs, sea salts and pure essential oils.
Facials and other beauty rituals pamper your senses to the fullest. These are crafted with an inherent understanding of the therapeutic goodness of Indian herbs and rich essential oils.
Ayurveda, the knowledge of life and longevity, is perhaps the oldest existing body of knowledge on the healing process. A holistic knowledge system, Ayurveda deals with not just the physical, but also the mental, the emotional, the spiritual and the environmental aspects of well being.
- Spa Pottery - Exclusively designed for Jiva Spas, each toxin-free and completely eco-friendly, made from Indigenous clays
- Spa Linen- All linen used in Jiva spas are organic which have been herbally dried without the use of any chemicals.
- Oils – Effective blends are therapeutic in nature and contain Indian herbs, pure essentials oils and active botanical ingredients.
- Jiva Attire – Clothing for yoga and gym use which is made from bamboo and cotton.
- Other retail goods include ceramic dispensers, beauty products and Yoga books
Take a Bizcation at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa and enjoy the ultimate meeting experience.
The newly inaugurated Muraka Boardroom is the perfect place to mix business with pleasure.
Located in a quiet spot on the beach with a private entrance, the Muraka Boardroom offers a 74 square meter meeting space, state-of-the-art technology and spectacular views of the lagoon, guaranteed to inspire new ideas and creative solutions.
Add the legendary Taj service to the mix and enjoy the ultimate bizcation in the middle of the Indian Ocean.