With its diverse landscapes, colour, culture and wildlife, few places have the beating heart of Africa, and now there’s a new way to explore it.
From the haunting call of Madagascar’s bear-faced, buggy-eyed lemur; the quiet shuffle of the elephants as they wander the ochre-coloured plains of Kenya, and the sun-kissed shores of Mozambique – Africa will change you in ways you never imagined. The world’s second-largest continent covers about one-fifth of the total land surface of the Earth, and exploring this varied and vast landscape isn’t easy. Until now.
Seabourn’s first ‘Grand Africa Voyage’ takes you to 44 off-the-beaten-track ports and cities throughout 26 countries. The only ultra-luxury ship to sail around the entire continent, Seabourn Sojourn departs from Barcelona and will visit Egypt’s capital of Cairo. There, you can join an excursion to the Pyramids of Giza before basking in the luscious, tropical paradise of the Seychelles. You’ll call into Cape Town where you can board a catamaran, while in Morocco you can spend a night in Casablanca with its bustling souks and vibrant nightlife, then discover Africa’s lesser-known gems such as Luanda, the ‘Paris’ of Africa, and Cape Verde, the ‘Gateway to the West.
Grand Africa Voyage Highlights
- 90-day round trip from Barcelona
- Tick 2 equator crossings, 26 countries and 3 continents off your travel bucket list
- Gala Bon Voyage dinner in a historic castle venue
- Exclusive winery event in Cape Town
- Start and end your cruise in Barcelona, Spain. Spend your time wandering the city or indulge in some tapas and sangria in the sun. An overnight stay at Hotel Majestic in Barcelona prior to departure is included.
- Visit Morocco’s largest city, Casablanca. Explore the maze of bustling souks and admire the grandeur of the cities mosques.
- Sacred to more than a third of mankind, you will a visit to Ashdod, Israel – a gateway to Jerusalem.
- Experience the historic town of Ludertitz in Namibia. A city with colonial influence surrounded by the wild African desert.
Life on board the Seabourn Sojourn
Days at sea are spent relaxing on your ultra-luxury liner. Think suite accommodations with oceanfront views and marble bathrooms; award-winning dining (the cruise line has a culinary partnership with seven Michelin-starred Thomas Keller); and an extensive spa and wellness centre with a thermal area. Explorers, chefs, scholars, performers and renowned experts from every arena of the arts, sciences, politics and the humanities also share your journey giving presentations to ensure you will always leave more knowledgeable than when you came.
If all you want to do is relax after days on safari, hiking, exploring living archaeological museums and talking with local artisans and producers, there’s that too. Pull up a chair at the open-air Sky Bar overlooking the pool with the cocktail of your choice and cheers to days exploring a region many only dream about.
Departing on 30 November, 2024, Seabourn Sojourn will circumnavigate the continent of Africa, exploring some of Africa’s most unique and exotic destinations. The 90-day round trip departs from Barcelona. Prices start at AU$56,999 per person twin share in a Verandah Suite.