The Ritz-Carlton, Koh Samui’s DIY at-home spa treatment
In honour of age-old healing practices of the region and the therapeutic properties of natural local ingredients, Spa Village Koh Samui sources and uses the finest local ingredients for its customised treatments.
While most of us wish we had the time to spa 24/7, Melissa Mettler, YTL Hotels’ Spa Consultant, has shared with us an easy at-home treatment so spa-lovers can easily pamper themselves without leaving the house. Inspired by the Blessed Flowers treatment that she designed for Spa Village Koh Samui which uses the island’s native flowers, Melissa has created a Thai Floral Body Scrub making it easier than ever to get that spa glow at home.
Thai Floral Body Scrub
- 2 cups of fragrant rose petals
- 3 tablespoons of pure Aloe Vera gel
- 3 tablespoons of papaya flesh scraped from the skin
- 1 – 2 tablespoons of ground rice powder
- Jasmine essential oil
- Coconut oil
- On a cutting board roughly chop rose petals and place into a bowl.
- In a food processor whiz the rice into a medium/fine powder. You can make a larger batch of this for use anytime.
- Add all the remaining ingredients to the bowl and mix well.
- Apply the scrub in the shower (it can be a bit messy!) and exfoliate the body in circular motions.
- Allow the mixture to soak in as the Papaya contains softening enzymes.
- Rinse and finish with virgin coconut oil with 2 drops of jasmine essential oil added.