Porsche has unveiled a limited edition model exclusive to the Australian market, to celebrate 70 years of Porsche in Australia.
The Porsche 911 GT3 70 Years Porsche Australia Edition will be available with either manual or PDK transmissions, with deliveries to commence from the end of 2021.
The edition is based on the new 911 GT3 with Touring Package (type 992), unveiled on Wednesday.
It’s the first time Porsche has created a special edition for the Australian market.
The regular 911 GT3 with Touring Package is priced from $369,700 while the 911 GT3 70 Years Porsche Australia Edition stars from $494,400.
“Exclusivity and customisation have been synonymous with Porsche for decades,“ Sam Curtis, Managing Director and CEO, Porsche Cars Australia said.
“It is fitting that this special edition features exclusive elements that link back to one of the two first Porsche sportscars imported to Australia by Norman Hamilton 70 years ago.”
“The 911 GT3 70 Years Porsche Australia Edition will be another special Porsche sports car that I’m sure will excite fans of the brand for many years to come.“
Features standard on the 911 GT3 with Touring Package in Australia include:
• LED headlights including PDLS
• Automatically dimming mirrors incl. rain sensor
• Metallic paint
• Lifting system for front axle
• ParkAssist (rear only)
• Rear-view camera
• Tyre sealing compound with electric air compressor
• Digital radio
The 911 GT3 70 Years Porsche Australia Edition features a comprehensive list of additional and unique specifications over and above the 911 GT3 with Touring Package.
• Exterior ‘Custom Colour’ in Fish Silver Grey Metallic
• Wheels painted in Darksilver with wheel rim borders painted in Fish Silver Grey Metallic
• Badge on B-pillar (both sides) with Australian flag and ’70 Years Porsche Australia Edition’ lettering in Silver
• Full bucket seats in leather Graphite Blue with seat inlays in Madraskaro check fabric in Graphite Blue and Crayon
• Dashboard trim painted in Fish Silver Grey Metallic with ‘GT3 70 Years Porsche Australia Edition’ lettering in Black
• Centre console trim painted in Fish Silver Grey Metallic
• Storage compartment lid with embossing of logo ’70’
• Gear shift pattern on gear lever in Crayon
• Door sill guards in brushed Aluminium in Black with ‘GT3′ (illuminated) and ’70 Years Porsche Australia Edition’ lettering
• GT3 multi-function sports steering wheel with 12-o’clock marker in Crayon
• Vehicle keys painted in Fish Silver Grey Metallic
• Key pouch in leather in Black and Graphite Blue with stitching in Crayon
• Indoor-car-cover in Graphite Blue with piping in Crayon and ‘GT3 70 Years Porsche Australia Edition’ lettering on the sides in Crayon as well as the ‘Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur’ logo on the front in Crayon