Explore the mosaic of diverse regions and cities of the north on this most unique of Northern Spain tours that includes a taste of Portugal. Discover Catalonia’s distinct culture and proud traditions; the fiercely autonomous Basque region, with its own unique culture and language; and Castile, central to Spain’s medieval history. Enjoy overnight stays in historic paradors – restored palaces, monasteries and castles.
- Overnight stays in historic paradors, authentically restored castles, palaces and monasteries
- At El Castell de Ciutat, a choice of a spa treatment, cooking demonstration of Catalan cuisine, a round of golf, or a guided visit to Andorra
- A seven-course feast in a medieval castle featuring cultural entertainment and regional cuisine
- Port wine tasting and lunch at Taylor’s in Porto, one of Portugal’s most famous port houses
- Cruise on a Rabelo boat, used for 200 years to transport port wine, along the Douro River
- A self-guided visit of the beautiful Benedictine enclave atop saw-toothed Montserrat
- Airport transfers upon arrival and departure
- 30 meals, service charges, gratuities to local guides, admission fees, taxes and porterage
Limited space available on 23 June, 25 August, 11 October and 20 October 2017 departures.