Is this the ‘new normal’ for luxe hotel hygiene standards?
Palazzo Versace Dubai has enhanced its safety protocols in preparation for post-COVID-19 travel.
Palazzo Versace Dubai has recently introduced an innovative sanitation protocol for all public areas, as well as guest rooms, restaurants, pools, the spa centre and back-of-house spaces.
In accordance with the local regulations, the sanitation measures have been approved by Dubai Health Authority and the five-star property will continue to enhance the guest stays at Palazzo Versace Dubai by soon introducing more “no-touch” experiences, from keyless no-contact check-in and sanitation of luggage to mobile ordering systems in all the restaurants, including room service.
Palazzo Versace Dubai has always prioritised the safety of the guests, suppliers, partners and team members and the new measures will ensure the most hygienic hotel experience, from arrival until check out.
The newest safety protocols at Palazzo Versace Dubai include:
- Sterix eco sanitising tunnel has been installed at the entrance of the hotel to ensure the sanitisation of everyone entering the property.
- Palazzo Versace Dubai is in the process of installing five more sanitising tunnels to cover the rest of the entry points, including the team members and residences entry points.
Public spaces (restaurants, lobby, bars, the spa centre, prayer rooms, elevators, washrooms and offices)
- 24/7 sanitising team has been deployed to disinfect all the touchpoints and sanitising records are documented for municipality inspections.
- After regular deep cleaning of the outlets, the entire area including the touchpoints are disinfected using the steam cleaning machine and the misting machine.
- The steam machine removes any germs embedded on surfaces and misting machine protect the surfaces by spraying disinfectant.
- Less manning with a maximum 30% in kitchen and service, to reduce the contact between employees.
- No valet service until further notice, hence self-parking is recommended.
- Reduced seating arrangement to 30% of the original capacity of the restaurants and maintain two metres apart between the tables.
- No admission to kids aged zero to 12 years old and elderly above 60 years.
- Checking the team members’ temperature before the start of the shift.
- Checking the guests’ temperature before entry to the restaurants.
- Persons-In-Charge (Certified PIC’s) regularly monitor deliveries, grooming and disinfection with the use of FoodWatch Connect App, which is the digital platform for food safety of Dubai Municipality (DM).
- Use of mask and gloves with dedicated PPE disposal bins.
- Availability of disposable crockery for guests.
- Availability of DM-approved B2B biocides: hand sanitiser gel (ABDG52) and table sanitisers (N4) in all restaurants and highly exposed areas.
- DM guidelines are advised to guests upon reservation, with consumer advisory posters on the entrance of the restaurants.
- The buffet will not be available until further notice, hence a la carte and a set menu are served, with limited timing of the restaurants maximum until 10pm.
- Bars and live entertainment are closed until further notice.
- The hotel encourages smart payment solutions: use of cards or online payments.
- After stripping the soiled linen, the entire bedding – including the top surface of the mattress, headboard, duvets, pillows, cushions and bedspreads – are sanitised using the high-powered steam cleaner and spraying disinfectants using the misting machine.
- The same process is applied for the curtains and the soft furniture’s that are covered with fabrics.
- After deep cleaning and setting up the room, the entire room is disinfected again including all the high touchpoints by using the misting machine.
- After regular servicing of the rooms, the entire room is disinfected, including all the high touchpoints by using the misting machine.