The world leader of luxury expeditions, PONANT has been taking its guests to the most remote regions on the planet for more than 20 years. Now they are inviting you to push the boundaries further and enjoy a fascinating experience aboard the first expedition ship capable of reaching the most extreme northerly and southerly latitudes:
The only one of its kind in the world, Le Commandant Charcot is the world’s first PC2 hybrid-electric LNG powered luxury polar exploration vessel. This innovative vessesl overcomes immense technological challenges, all while providing luxurious comfort on itineraries that will take you further than ever before.
The ultimate polar luxury experience
- Le Commandant Charcot has 123 suites and staterooms, ranging in size from 20 to 115m2 and each one has a private balcony.
- New exclusive 94 m2 duplex suites split over two levels, with a secluded terrace and private jacuzzi.
- World-class dining by renowned chef Alain Ducasse at one of two restaurants.
- Wellness areas including a Spa, Hair Salon, Sauna, Snow Room, and massage cabins.
- The Blue Lagoon, an outdoor pool heated by recycled heat, perfect for taking in the breathtaking polar landscapes.
- 360° views of the pristine white scenery on the outdoor promenade deck with heated seating areas.
- Experts provide invaluable insights on board, on Zodiac® outings and on shore excursions, covering topics such as biology, history, geology and the study of the ice and the oceans.
- Brand new immersive activities including kayaking, dog sledding, hiking, snowshoeing, ice fishing and polar diving.
- During expeditions, scientists will share their knowledge with guests and invite them to participate in research projects.
In the Arctic, reach the geographic North Pole, explore the wild coasts of Greenland, the lonely shores of Svalbard or follow the greatest dreams of adventure in the Northwest Passage, and meet the residents of this isolated Great North, with its extreme living conditions.
The Geographic North Pole
Longyearbyen to Longyearbyen | 15 nights
Departs 8 and 23 July, 7 and 22 August 2022
Discovering the Northeast Greenland National Park
Reykjavík to Reykjavík | 12 nights
Departs 10 and 22 May 2022
On the White Continent, try to spot the famous emperor penguins of Bellingshausen, sail on the Weddell Sea to the Larsen Ice Shelves and explore beyond the Antarctic Circle to the Ross Sea or islands that have forged the legends of polar explorers such as Jean-Baptiste Charcot.
The Emperor Penguins of Bellingshausen Sea
Ushuaia to Ushuaia | 14 nights
Departs 30 October and 13 November 2022
From Dumont D’Urville to Mawson: retracing Heroic Age expeditions
Dunedin to Ushuaia | 26 nights
Departs 14 February 2023
This article was produced with content supplied by PONANT and is a Signature Luxury Travel & Style digital exclusive. Be the first to see more exclusive online content by subscribing to the enewsletter.
Terms and conditions: * 30% discount is based on the Ponant Bonus offer. Ponant Bonus is yield managed and may change at any time without notice; Welcome Offer: AUD$800 discount is per stateroom based on double occupancy in Australian Dollars (AUD). Offer valid for guests travelling with PONANT for the first time. More terms and conditions apply. ABN: 35 166 676 517. Photographs : © PONANT Julien Fabro, Olivier Blaud.