An exclusive gourmet getaway
Laucala Island resort is renowned for its luxury accommodation, service and wealth of leisure activities among sandy beaches, turquoise lagoons and emerald mountains. On top of the opulence, Laucala Island is delighted to be welcoming prominent Australian chef, Shannon Bennett, as a special guest chef in October.
Chef Bennett is famed for his exciting, French-inspired cuisine and has worked alongside other noted chefs such as Marco Pierre White, the Roux brothers and Alain Ducasse. Bennett’s Melbourne restaurant Vue de Monde radiates fine dining and has been awarded three hats in The Age Good Food Guide.
Friday 23 October to Sunday 25 October 2015 is a highly anticipated gourmet weekend, with Bennett’s visit promising personalised cooking demonstrations and special one-off lunches and dinners. Working alongside Laucala Island’s executive chef, Anthony Healy, and creating unique dishes from the island’s local ingredients, Bennett’s visit guarantees a culinary gourmet adventure.
Guests who treat themselves to this special weekend will experience the following exciting itinerary:
• An exploration of Laucala Island’s organic farms with Anthony Healy, Executive Chef, and Shannon Bennett, Director, Vue De Monde group. Guests will enjoy a fishing trip aboard the island’s sleek Riviera vessel with ethical fisherman Mark Eather, Vue de Monde’s sole supplier of sustainable fish.
• Lunch at Seagrass Restaurant.
• Dinner at Plantation House Restaurant by Anthony Healy, together with Paul Wilson, Sous Chef; Piak Sussadeewong, Thai Chef; and Jon Gladson, Pastry Chef.
• Morning cooking demonstration with Shannon Bennett.
• Evening cocktails and canapés at Plantation House Restaurant.
• Dinner at Plantation House Restaurant by Shannon Bennett and Cory Campbell, Vue De Monde.
• A traditional Fijian evening at Laucala Island’s Cultural Village. Cocktails followed by dinner prepared in a lovo, and a spectacular dance performance as a finale to the gourmet weekend.